Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm back!

I have been out of the loop for a while and now I'm back. I have tried some new products on my hair and am willing to share. First off I went to go buy some Redken Smooth Down "Sleek Obedience" Oh I just love this stuff. I initially was going to buy some "Water Wax" which is really good for smoothing down edges but I got this instead.
This stuff is awesome, you can probably find it for about 12-17 dollars. Its worth it since you only need a little. I use this on my ends to protect them. It is especially good for after flat ironing you hair to keep the straightened look longer.


Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Petrolatum, Polyethylene Glycol, Cocos Nucifera/Coconut Oil, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Ricinus Communis/Castor Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Aqua/Water, Proplyparaben, Salicylic Acid, Macadamia Ternifolia/Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenel Methylpropional, Oleth-10, Alphaisomethyl Ionene, Hydroxypropyltrimonum Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Geraniol, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butlaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin, Phosporic Acid, Methylparaben, Polyquaternium-10, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA (D10851/1)


Whoa, I didn't realize how many ingredients there were before I started typing this. Well I guess you can see if you don't use petroleum ingredients then you might not want to use this. I would never use this every day only after flat ironing on the ends to keep them protected from the elements.


Also, another product I have bought recently is a Shea butter Detangler by Africa's Best Kids Organics. I bought this for my son's curly hair and it does the trick I use it more so as a moisturizer than a detangler. His hair is a 3a/b type. There is no petroleum or mineral oil in it in case you are wondering. It is very light and can be used for all hair thicknesses. His hair is fine in size but he has A LOT of it. This product doesn't weigh his hair down and keeps his curls defined.


Ingredients: Water - Aqua , Propylene Glycol , PEG 150 Distearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate , PEG-1 Trideceth-6 , Soybean Oil - Glycine Soja , Glycerin , DMDM Hydantoin , Cyclomethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Lanolin Oil , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Distearate , Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copo , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Stearalkonium Chloride , Fragrance - Parfum , Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil , Cocoa Seed Butter - Theobroma Cacao , Carrot Seed Oil - Daucus Carota Sativa , Shea Butter Fruit - Butyrospermum Parkii , Yellow No. 5 , Red No. 40 , Blue No. 1 , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Olive Fruit Oil - Olea Europaea , Mink Oil - Mustela , Jojoba Seed Oil - Simmondsia Chinensis , Tocopherol , Tea Tree Leaf Oil - Melaleuca Alternifolia , Egg Powder - Ovum , Milk Protein - Lactis Proteinum , Honey - Mel , Silk Amino Acids , Cholesterol , Corn Oil - Zea Mays , BHT , BHA , Coconut Oil - Cocos Nucifera , Safflower Seed Oil - Carthamus Tinctorius , Rosemary Leaf Extract - Rosmarinus Officinalis , Nettle Extract - Urtica Dioica , Horsetail Extract - Equisetum Hyemale





No comments: